It is hard to believe that today is Thanksgiving already. How time flies when you are having fun! First of all I would like to encourage you on Thursday to join us for a Special Thanksgiving Mass at 9am. It is important for us to stop and give thanks to God. I would also encourage all of you to daily get into the practice of “moments of Gratitude.” It is an easy practice to get into. Each day during the day just stop and say thanks to God for the blessings that you have received during the day. To give you a concrete example, today:
- I said Thank you God as I got up for the gift of life.
- I said Thank you God for the gift of the place, as I looked out the window.
- I said Thank you God for the gift of my dogs.
- I said Thank you God for the gift of this parish as I walked to the office.
- I said Thank you God for the gift of my most wonderful Staff as I walked into the office.
- I said Thank you God for the working with Firefighters as I thought about Last night’s dinner in a fire station.
- After a parishioner asked me about my recent surgery, I said Thank you God for the gift of such kind parishioners.
It is an easy habit to get into – Moments of Gratitude – and I would ask you to get into this very important habit.
Thanks, Fr. Brad